Change in email notification default

• Thread starter Doc Al
  • Start date
In summary, "Change in email notification default" refers to a modification in the default settings for email notifications, possibly due to improving user experience, addressing security concerns, or implementing new features. The specific changes made will determine how it will affect you, and you may have the option to revert back to the old default if available. To find more information, refer to the notification or settings and contact the email service provider or check their website for updates.
Doc Al
Mentor
FYI: I noticed that I wasn't getting timely email notifications for subcribed threads. Then I saw that the default setting was changed to weekly instead of instant email. It's easy to change back--just be aware of it.

Physics news on Phys.org
How do you change it back? I looked over some user CP options, but didn't see it.

Default Thread Subscription Mode

User Control Panel, edit options. You should see something called: Default Thread Subscription Mode

Last edited:
Got it, thanks

Doc are you there?

What does "Change in email notification default" mean?

"Change in email notification default" refers to a modification in the default settings for email notifications. This means that the way email notifications are sent or received may be different than before.

Why is there a change in the email notification default?

The change in email notification default may be due to various reasons, such as improving the user experience, addressing security concerns, or implementing new features.

How will the change in email notification default affect me?

This depends on the specific changes made to the email notification default. It is best to review the new default settings and make any necessary adjustments to ensure you receive the notifications you need.

Can I revert back to the old email notification default?

This also depends on the specific changes made. If the option to revert back to the old default is available, it will be mentioned in the notification or settings. However, it is recommended to adapt to the new default settings to ensure a smooth experience.

Where can I find more information about the change in email notification default?

You can refer to the notification or settings for more information about the change in email notification default. You can also reach out to the email service provider or check their website for any announcements or updates.